By the nature of things, education should be accessible to all the interested and qualified parties; although such can’t always be the case, the University of New South Wales seems to fulfill this premise to the maximum of its abilities, for which it is appreciated both by the domestic students as well as international buddies wanting to study in the marvelous country of Australia. Branded as the University of New South Wales (UNSW shortly), the establishment was founded way back in the 20th century, right after the Second World War ended with the devastating impact on the nation’s economy. The University of New South Wales is the kind of academic institution that heavily grounds itself in research, although, there are a couple of other things that should be noted by the applying students:
- First and foremost, the University of New South Wales is a part of a group of 8 (cooperation between the significant research-focused universities in Australia aiming to foster understanding and mutually exchange its resources)
- According to QS World Rankings, the University of New South Wales is ranked among the world’s best academic institution, being placed 45th in the world and 4th in Australia
- There are about fifty-two thousand students enrolled in the University of New South Wales, making it one of the largest research-based institutions on the continent
- One of the campuses located right in the middle of Sydney, which makes it an incredibly convenient location for all the academic and non-academic related purposes
- The student life in the University of New South Wales is quite diverse, with students having various opportunities for pursuing whatever is of interest to them after the regular classes are over
- The University of New South Wales provides students with an ability to major in almost every known discipline, which should undoubtedly be attributed to the enormous funding the institution receives from the government as well as the private donors
What’s worth noting is that the admission criterion is entirely different and is entirely dependent on the major of focus. For instance, all the undergraduate students who intend to major in law should be aware of the fact that the University of New South Wales requires to take the Law Admission Test (quite similar to LT’s in England and LSAT’s in the United States). Same applies to medicine, where the students need to take UMAT test for determining whether they qualify for admission. Additionally, there is a requirement set for the international students to pass the English Language Minimum Requirements; to this end, everyone applying from overseas is obliged to have given the TOEFL examinations in the long-term perspective. The University of New South Wales has quite an extensive academic and financial support available to all the students in need, with awards ranging from as little as thousand dollars to full coverage of tuition and living expenses, which is quite impressive, no doubts.
The student life in particular in the University of New South Wales as mentioned everywhere on the internet. For instance, the majority of students at the University of New South Wales can study abroad for one or two semesters with locations varying from the Netherlands and finishing with the United States of America. Additionally, everyone interested may engage in the various student organizations on campus, including the Gender and Sexuality Alliance, the Chess Club, the Politics, Investment, or Business club among all the other options offered at the University of New South Wales. Moreover, it’s possible for the students to pursue independent projects that could be partially or fully funded by the University of New South Wales; as described in the university’s mission, it’s imperative for the students to be engaged in something outside of the academic scope, whether it is a major extracurricular or simply a hobby that they could additionally pursue at the University of New South Wales.