In its entity, the University of Western Australia is an educational establishment that aims to drive curiosity and boost academic prospectives of its students, especially in the long-term perspective. To this end, it’s no surprise that the University of Western Australia is distinguished among all the other Australian universities for its quality of teaching, overarching curriculum as well as the opportunity for students to drastically boost their careers in a matter of only a few years. Although, before delving into the specifics of the academic institution of the matter, it’s imperative to know some of the basic things that would be of interest to all the potential applicants:
- The University of Western Australia is a public institution that specializes in research and offers degrees of various levels (ranging from Bachelor’s and finishing with Doctorate degrees).
- Established in nineteen-eleven, the University of Western Australia is among the oldest academic institution in the entire country
- The University has been ranked close to the top-100 of the world’s most respected universities, which surely signifies the scope of work being done in the University of Western Australia
- The University of Western Australia employs a large number of academic staff (some estimates suggest that it’s close to 1538 members, which is huge)
- The University of Western Australia is keen on accepting international students as well as domestic ones, admitting more than 5000 students on the annual basis as the official website suggests
- A lot of the prominent alumni have graduated from the University of Western Australia, including Michael Chaney, Robert French, Bob Hawkey, and others
- The University’s main facilities are located in Perth, the state’s capital, though the University of Western Australia has some campuses located internationally
What seems to be truly special about the institution as a whole is the range of interests that can be fulfilled by the students. For instance, the University of Western Australia has an enormously large library that helps students to pursue research opportunities outside of the scope of work assigned by the various professors from different departments. At the same time, it seems quite logical that the University of Western Australia offers an extensive set of majors, considering that the institution has a large teaching faculty that specializes in various subjects of the matter. Because of such a range of opportunities, the students feel welcomed to pursue whatever they want, which is pretty good in the long-term perspective. Not to forget to mention that the University of Western Australia attracted the most competitive research funding among all the other Australian universities that decided to participate in the program. Such a fact is incredibly worthwhile noticing if being interested in the social studies that are developed at quite a decent level in the academic institution.
As for the international students applying, the University of Western Australia has a pretty standard set of policies that should be familiar to every applicant of the matter. For instance, one has to aware of the fact that the University of Western Australia requires international applicants to take the English Proficiency Tests, such as TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Test, or anything else listed on the website that may count as a acceptable qualification. At the same time, one has to know that it’s required for the student to complete secondary studies in his home country, with some countries requiring to pass the state exams, which should also be considered in the long-term perspective. Nevertheless, it’s clear that the University of Western Australia is pretty interested in attracting applicants from various countries as can be indicated by the enrollement numbers published on the official website. Because of such fact, anyone can be confident to give it a shot and apply to the prominent University of Western Australia.